Wednesday, September 7, 2011

All

“In all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28

            “All” is a strong word.  It includes everything.  It excludes nothing.
           
            Everything that God allows to filter into my life is for good.  He will use ALL of it for His good, my good, and the good of others’.  “All” includes my broken heart, my fears, my insecurities and pain.  It includes the good and the bad; the new and the old, the easy and the difficult, the beautiful and the ugly, the joy and the hardship.  Not a bit of it will be wasted or in vain.  All of it has a purpose.
           
            These are the things that will bring me to dependence on Him.  Through my human weakness, his strength is evident.  He is making my faith in him stronger, teaching me to cherish the good.  To say I love you more and get angry less.
           
            In those circumstance where I don’t understand, and I feel my heart broken in a million pieces and my closest companion becomes a dull ache, I must place my trust in Him; in his wisdom, his timing, his plan.  Though I mourn my dreams and plans, I must release them to him with open hands and heart.  When I try to cling on to mine, I grow bitter and I build walls around my heart.  I miss out on the goodness he is working to accomplish.  

            Lord, give my heart the ability to trust in your good plan.  There is a disconnect from what my head knows and my heart feels.  Comfort my broken heart and heal it. Put the pieces back together in the way only you know how. Restore to me the joy that you have given me. I trust in your plans and release mine to you.  Have your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment